1) I have never rented a vacation home before what is included? When you rent our vacation home you are renting a fully furnished and stocked home, similar to the level you would find if you were staying in a 4-5 star hotel room, but with the comforts of home. Each room is furnished with bedding and linens and has extra linens and towels in closets. The kitchen is fully stocked as well with everything that you will need to serve and prepare meals. A grill is provided on the deck, however each guest is responsible for changing out propane as needed during their stay. Additionally, we have many little extra such as toys for kids, games, movies, and more. Literally, all you have to do is bring your suitcase and enjoy the resort.
2) How do I complete my reservation? Contact us at ozarkgetaways.gmail.com. You will complete the rental application and submit your requests for dates. You will then receive a short term rental contract, credit card form and invoice. Stay less than 90 days away require 100% down to hold dates. If you are booking more than 90 days out you qualify for our easy pay program that allows you take make payments towards your stay. You will have 24 hours from receiving the agreement to complete, return and pay for your reservation. Until we receive payment the reservation is not guaranteed.
3) What is your cancellation policy? Our cancellation policy allows you to get a full refund as long as you cancel up to 60 days prior to the beginning of the rental period. If cancelled no later than 30 days prior to check-in date you will receive a 50% refund. If cancelled less than 30 days then all rental deposits and payments are forfeited.
4) Why are you able to rent such an expensive house so cheap? This sounds too good to be true. What is the catch? Our family purchased this home as a private long-term investment to enjoy for years to come. Since we are not able to enjoy the home year round due to our work schedules we decided to make this home available to other families for a reasonable fee. This helps us cover some of the operating expenses and prevents a house beautiful home just sitting empty. It is not a time share, we are the sole owners and do not intend to share in the ownership of the home ever.
5) I have never been to Tan Tar A resort, what is there to do and are there fees involved to use the amenities of the resort? Our home is located in the Estates on Tan Tar A resort which is a gated community that has the only private residential homes on Tan Tar A. As a guest of the Estates you have access to all of the many amenities and services that Tan Tar A has to offer. This resort is over 200 acres and is truly unbelievable. You will see why it is one of the most sought after resorts to stay at when visiting Lake of the Ozarks. Some of the amenities available to guests include a world class golf course, marina, 7 outdoor pools, hot tubs, indoor waterpark, bowling alley, arcade, horse stables, spa, shops, restaurants, miniature golf, bars, walking trails, tennis courts and much more. There truly is something for everyone. The resort does charge all guests a nominal fee to use waterpark, stables, and bowling alley. I recommend stopping by the resort lobby upon arrival to pickup the activity schedule for the week of your stay. There are often other events going on in addition to the amenities above.
6) Why do you charge a cleaning fee? Why can’t I just clean the house? In order to maintain a level of clean that meets the standards we have set for our vacation home we have a private cleaning company that specialized in vacation rentals and damage inspections that cleans the home after your stay. This is a large home and to properly clean each bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and common areas it typically takes 8 hours. The company charges a nominal fee of $150.00 for these services that is part of your reservation fee. This service allows you to have a great vacation and not spend an entire day cleaning the home. You simply have to complete your check-out list and leave the rest to the cleaning service. Often people want to know if this fee can be waived if they just clean it, unfortunately past experience has taught us that everyone has a different interpretation of clean and when the next guests check-in if we get complaints and have no one to hold accountable. Therefore, we no longer offer the ability to self-clean. We want to ensure that all guests are happy with the level of cleanliness in the home and encourage you to call us immediately if there is something that does not meet your standards as our cleaning company is minutes away and committed to ensuring that you are 100% satisfied with your stay.
7) Why do you charge a security deposit? Is it refundable? When do I get my refund? Why didn’t I get my entire refund? What happens if damages are over my refund amount? Our home is valued at over $400,000.00 and has over $25,000.00 in furnishings and electronics in it. To protect our invest we do charge a $250.00 security deposit that is refundable upon check-out, this is nominal compared to the value of what we are trusting you with. The reality is that sometimes things happen on accident that damage the furnishings, flooring and walls. If I went to your home and accidently broke your coffee table, I would want to replace it as that is the right thing to do. This security deposit allows up to get immediate recourse to fix these damages immediately so our home is ready for the next guest. We hope that if something does happen that you contact us immediately to report the damages, so we can discuss the problem and get it remedied immediately. If the damages are over $250.00 you will be expected to pay for them, if you fail to do so we will utilize the full force of the law to implement this agreement and collect for damages. You are responsible for any damage that your children and guests cause as well. Upon check-out the property will be inspected and photos taken of any damages. You will be contacted with a breakdown of your security deposit and sent the supporting photos and charges. If there are no damages upon check-out a full refund of the deposit will be issued and you will receive a refund within 5-7 business days depending on your financial institution, please keep in mind there is often a delay during holiday periods due to banks being closed.
8) How can I get the best pricing? There are 2 ways that you can get the best pricing for your stay. Book up to 6 months in advance and qualify for Early Bird Booking Specials and save up to 10% off and join our email listing for last minute booking specials. We offer deep last minute specials for open weekends. You can save as much as 50% off of regular rates.
9) Why are the rates so much higher during the summer? Although there is something to do year round at the lake, there are times of high demand that fill up quickly, these are holiday weekends and summer. During the off-seasons of October-April you can find the best deals and still have access to all the same amenities.
10) I booked my room, what do I do now? You will receive an invitation to join our mobile check-in app from your phone as well as an email approximately 3 days prior to check-in that includes access information for the property. We will also send you helpful information with your reservation.
11) Do you have a dock and marina for my boat? We do have a dock off of our house that can house a small to medium size boat. Large boats can be docked at the Tan Tar A marina for a nominal fee.
12) What additional services do you offer? We have a golf cart, kayak, paddle boat, and fishing poles that can be rented for a nominal daily fee. If you are celebrating a special anniversary, birthday or family event, let us know. We can help make your stay special.